Quinoa (pronounced ‘Keen-wa’) is a complete protein and fantastic wheat-free alternative. It is one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fibre, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
Quinoa porridge with berries and spices is a fantastic way to start your day!
- 1/4 cup quinoa (makes 1 cup cooked)
- 1 cup milk (can be non-dairy)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp citrus zest
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup frozen berry mix (My current fav is raspberries & blueberries, but whatever you have will work) &/or 1 tspn Sujon Blackcurrant Powder
- 2 Tbsp of your fav nuts or seeds
- Dash of sweetener such as Maple Syrup or honey
Put quinoa, milk and water in pot and bring to boil; then turn down to simmer and add spices, vanilla extract and citrus zest. Cook until quinoa is soft. Throw frozen berries in for a few minutes to soften.
Sweeten to taste and sprinkle over pumpkin seeds.
Enjoy! If you try this recipe at home, snap a photo and tag #LOVEberries so we can see your beautiful creations.
Find your nearest Sujon Frozen Berries stockist here:
Purchase Sujon Blackcurrant Powder Direct
Follow Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter